MBB Elective Courses
All MBB students with 12 or more credits of independent research are required to take at least one of the MBB electives if they choose Course Option I (Physical Chemistry) or at least two of the MBB electives if they choose Course Option II (no Physical Chemistry, requires three electives in total). Students that will graduate with less than 12 credits of research must take an additional MBB elective to complete the degree.
- 694:230 Analytical Methods in Biology (3) (Fall)
- 694:411 Molecular Pathways (3) (Fall)
- 694:412 Proteomics & Structural Genomics (3) (Spring)
- 694:413 Chromatin and Epigenomics: The science of chromatin modifications in development and disease (3) (Fall)
- 694:420 Special Topics in Molecular Biology: Membrane Dynamics in Health and Disease (3) (Fall)
- 694:421 Special Topics in Molecular Biology: Aging (3) (Spring)
- 694:492 Molecular Biology of Gene Regulation & Development (3) (Spring)
Division of Life Sciences Elective Courses
MBB students choosing Course Option II (no Physical Chemistry) may choose a 400 level Elective Course offered by the Department of Genetics (447) or Cell Biology and Neuroscience (146) in the Division of Life Sciences that will count towards the MBB major. Some of the suggested DLS elective courses are shown below. A full list of the DLS courses can be found at http://biology.rutgers.edu/courses. Electives from non-DLS departments may be substituted for the DLS elective with approval of the MBB undergraduate director.
- 146:445 Advanced Neurobiology.
- 146:464 Topics in Cell Biology and Neuroscience
- 146:470 Advanced Cell Biology
- 146:472 Advanced Dev. Biology
- 146:474 Immunology
- 447:451 Genomes
- 447:460 Genetics of Compulsive Behavior
- 447:465 Mutant Isolation and Analysis
- 447:480 Topics in Molecular Genetics
- 447:481 Topics in Human Genetics
- 447:484 Behavioral & Neural Genetics
- 447:486 Evolutionary Genetics
- 447:495 Cancer